ALSO: The USA opens to Cuba.
Listen on 89.3 FM in Metro DC/NoVA/Baltimore area
Or listen live to the stream by clicking here
Call in at 202-588-0893
To all those who wish to protest police violence and injustice in Ferguson and nationwide:
There are smart effective ways to protest.
And less effective ways…
I know. I’ve organized more of them than I can count and participated in many more.
An effective protest has specific goals.
And means to those ends.
The goal should not be to block traffic.
The goal should be to engender a dialogue, make clear that this issue is far bigger than Michael Brown, and to advocate for specific concrete remedies (like cameras on police officers and discipline for renegade public officials).
This elevates the debate from a “he-said/he-dead” argument into a general plea to allow unarmed black men to be able to live peacefully in our cities…and to transform law enforcement from an enemy occupying force into necessary allies and public servants.
- 12/19/2014Shame on Sony! [News Views 6 pm 89.3 FM]
- 12/17/2014Sympathy for Sydney [Australian Radio]
- 12/16/2014Virginia Politics [WPFW]
- 12/15/2014Effective Protests [NV]
- 12/10/2014I Can’t Breathe [ISLM]
- 12/8/2014Yes, We Tortured [IS]
- 12/5/2014Stop Police Violence! [NV]
- 12/3/2014We Need Body Cameras Nationwide [Fox 5]
- 12/3/2014Cosby Case and Repub Threats on Immigration [IS]
- 12/2/2014How to Effectively Protest [FOX Channel 5]
- 11/26/2014Marion Barry, Immigration, Ferguson, Hagel, and Cosby [IS]
- 11/24/2014Debate on Immigration [News Channel 8]
- 11/19/2014Google Knows [IS]
- Older Archives