Thirteen years after September 11, 2001…
ISIS terrorists are setting up an “Islamic Caliphate”
Scotland is threatening to secede from Great Britain
Muslim sects fight among themselves
And Russia is invading Ukraine.
It’s a tough world out there!
Should we be concerned?
(Me, I’m hiding under the desk just to be safe.)
Elie Jacobs, Partner, Truman National Security Project
Ray Suarez, host of Inside Story on Al Jazeera America
Kenneth P. Lizzio, author of Embattled Saints: My Year with the Sufis of Afghanistan
Stephen Cohen, Princeton Professor and contributing editor to The Nation
Going on an Arabic NewsChannel presents challenges.
They translate in my ear. Then translate back what I say.
If you don’t speak Arabic, it’s hard to follow along.
If you do speak Arabic, here’s the full clip.
If you don’t — and I certainly don’t — you can hear the subset of comments I make in English here:
- 9/15/2014Immigration Debate [ISTV]
- 9/16/2014What Obama Doesn’t Understand About ISIS [Inside Scoop 3 pm]
- 9/12/2014Inside Scoop Smorgasbord
- 9/11/2014Thirteen Years After 911, the World’s a Bigger Mess [IS]
- 9/10/2014Domestic Violence [IS]
- 9/9/2014Ray Rice, Bob McDonnell, and Citizens United [IS]
- 9/8/2014Inside Scoop 9/8/14
- 9/5/2014The Virginia Governor is Going to Jail [NV]
- 8/30/2014How’s the Federal Reserve Handling the Economy? [IS]
- 8/29/2014Nine-Year Old Girl with an Uzi [NV]
- 8/28/2014The Airline Seat Reclining War [IS]
- 8/27/2014Should Corporations Move to Canada to Avoid US Taxes? [Hannity]
- 8/26/2014Blame the NRA [IS]
- Older Archives