It All Depends on What the Definition of “Learned” Is
Who tells a bigger lie, Clinton or Bush? President Clinton said, “I did not have sexual relations with that woman — Miss Lewinksy.” These eleven words were roundly condemned as being a lie to the American people (even though “sexual relations,” defined by Webster’s as “coitus” technically involves an act that Clinton almost certainly avoided with Monica).
Clinton later justified his denial under oath that he “is” having an affair with Monica with “it all depends on what the definition of ‘is’ is” (i.e., Clinton was having such an affair, but is not now). This ultra-technical explanation was roundly mocked by late-night comics and Americans nationwide. And, of course, Clinton was impeached, but not prosecuted for perjury, because his statements, though clearly intending to mislead us, were “technically accurate.”
“It’s All About Discrimination: A Layman’s Guide to Bush’s Faith-Based Initiative”
(written March 2003)
Q. I don’t understand President Bush’s “Faith-Based” Initiative. Can you explain it to me?
A. Sure. It’s all about discrimination.
Did Bush manipulate intelligence to justify the war in Iraq?
Should estate taxes be discarded?
What about the recent Supreme Court opinions on affirmative action and sodomy?
- 8/20/2018 Radio Inside Scoop [3pm]
- 8/15/2018 Swamping the Drain
- 8/13/2018 The Pathos of White Identity
- 8/9/2018 Is Trump Hurting the Republican Party?
- 8/7/2018 How Do Republicans Really Feel about Trump?; Manafort Trial
- 8/6/2018 Trapped in his Web of Lies
- 8/2/2018 Collusion, Conspiracy, and Conspiracy Theories
- 7/30/2018 Yes, Rudy, Treason IS an Impeachable Offense
- 7/26/2018 Free the Children!
- 7/23/2018 Trump’s Chumps