“It’s the Economy, Stupid”
A Closer Look at Some of the Lesser Publicized Bush Economic Proposals
A sign hung at the Clinton White House read, “It’s the Economy, Stupid!” in order to remind people of Bill Clinton’s first priority.
At the Bush White House, the sign could read, “It’s the Stupid Economy, Bush!”
It All Depends on What the Definition of “Learned” Is
Who tells a bigger lie, Clinton or Bush? President Clinton said, “I did not have sexual relations with that woman — Miss Lewinksy.” These eleven words were roundly condemned as being a lie to the American people (even though “sexual relations,” defined by Webster’s as “coitus” technically involves an act that Clinton almost certainly avoided with Monica).
Clinton later justified his denial under oath that he “is” having an affair with Monica with “it all depends on what the definition of ‘is’ is” (i.e., Clinton was having such an affair, but is not now). This ultra-technical explanation was roundly mocked by late-night comics and Americans nationwide. And, of course, Clinton was impeached, but not prosecuted for perjury, because his statements, though clearly intending to mislead us, were “technically accurate.”
“It’s All About Discrimination: A Layman’s Guide to Bush’s Faith-Based Initiative”
(written March 2003)
Q. I don’t understand President Bush’s “Faith-Based” Initiative. Can you explain it to me?
A. Sure. It’s all about discrimination.
- 4/2/2018 Radio Inside Scoop [3pm]
- 12/28/2017 The Events of 2017
- 12/27/2017 Drama in the Virginia Recount
- 12/18/2017 What Are Their Values?
- 12/13/2017 The Crimson Tide
- 12/11/2017 Despair and Hope; Lies and Truth
- 12/6/2017 The Plot to Loot America’s Wildnerness; the Fight to Save the Internet
- 12/4/2017 What is Sexual Harassment? (pt. 2 of 2)
- 12/1/2017 The Big Scam: How Republicans Plan to Destroy the American Dream
- 11/29/2017 What is Sexual Harassment? (pt. 1 of 2)