Click here to listen live.
Call in at 888-488-MARK or 888-653-7543.
My first act of civil disobedience took place when I was five years old…
And then again at age 8.
By 13, I was already up on a soapbox.
What’s your history of activism?
Do you know who your state representative is? It’s ok if you don’t, most people are the same way. As I currently run my campaign for state delegate, I ask callers and the audience to think about what state and local issues affect them most.
One caller from Washington State called in stating that he would like to see changes made to the post office. Another caller from New York said that he wanted to see the distribution of medical marijuana in the state clarified.
What about you?
I think many of today’s parents are too overprotective. Yes there are child molesters out there, and we as a society have to do our best to protect children. (That’s why I’ve written legislation to protect children in foster care and boot camps. And I’ve also written laws to protect victims of domestic violence.)
But we also need to let children feel free enough to go outside and play, to explore the creek and try to catch that frog, even it means coming home crying with a skinned knee. In my opinion, it builds character to give our kids a wee bit more freedom and let them learn the lessons of life. I rode my bicycle around my neighborhood when I was 10 years old. And one time, I took a good tumble. It hurt! And the next time, I didn’t ride quite so fast down the hill.
And I really don’t think police should be scooping up our children and holding them for five hours without calling their parents. How about walking the kids home instead? Not all parents are good parents, and molestations unfortunately are more likely to happen to children from people they know than complete strangers. But I don’t think allowing your children to play in the park on a sunny day two blocks from home should be a case of criminal neglect.
- 4/21/2015 Inside Scoop 3 pm
- 4/20/2015 My First Protest [IS]
- 4/18/2015 All Things Hillary [Fox News at 1 pm]
- 4/17/2015 What Do You Want from your State Representative? [IS]
- 4/16/2015 Free the Children! [IS]
- 4/15/2015 Should Judges Be Elected? Should Children Be Allowed to Go Outside and Play? [ISLM]
- 4/14/2015 College for America’s Undocumented Immigrants? Absolutely! [IS]
- 4/13/2015 Here She Comes! Ready for Hillary [IS]
- 4/10/2015 Why is Liberalism so Weak in the Heartland? [IS]
- 4/9/2015 Live from North Dakota: Liberalism in the Heartland [IS]