I’m joined by callers as I explain in detail how great an economic crisis President Obama was faced with upon entering office, what economic principles he used to rescue our economy, as well as the way forward for Democrats.
In his penultimate show of 2016, Mark takes a somber look at Trump supporters who won’t fully understand the impact of their vote until it’s too late.
Mark tells the story of a man who is waiting on an organ transplant that will save his life. He and his wife are both covered under Obamacare, yet both voted for Donald Trump. With Trump’s administration vowing to get rid of the Affordable Care Act, the man could very easily die for Trump once he loses his health care and is unable to receive the life-saving transplant. The scariest part: he won’t be the only one.
Mark examines a way Democrats can move forward after the election of Donald Trump and a Republican Congress. He argues that the fight will not be won at the federal level but at the state level, particularly in swing states.
In this hour Mark looks at Democrats’ philosophical position in our society and government. Have they been to nice? Have they not been as charismatic as they should have been? To detail oriented?
Mark makes note that our country turned to Democrats after the 1929 crash and in 2008 after the housing market crash which both sent America into recessions. Now that Trump is in office, what will need to happen before the country turns back to empathy, fiscal conservatism, and fact-based rational thinking?
- 2/16/2017 Did Trump Encourage Russia to Commit Espionage?
- 12/27/2016 Thanks, Obama!
- 12/21/2016 Dying for Trump
- 12/20/2016 A Way Forward…
- 12/19/2016 Do Nice Guys Finish Last?
- 12/18/2016 Putin’s Puppet President [FOX News]
- 12/14/2016 The Manchurian Candidate
- 12/12/2016 Putin’s Puppets
- 12/7/2016 Sue them!: the Single Best Way to Fight Donald Trump
- 12/5/2016 The Trumpists’ Big Lies