Inside Scoop & We Act Radio Celebrate Their 80 Years of Public Service
Are money and media the mother’s milk of politics?
Two liberal legends of the United States Congress will answer this question and share their eight decades of collective wisdom at a holiday party/fundraiser for the Inside Scoop and We Act Radio at We Act Radio’s studio located at 1918 MLK Jr. Ave. SE, Washington, DC. We will have shuttle service from the nearby Anacostia Metro (Green line), and there is also parking available.
Congressman Barney Frank, Ranking Member of the House Financial Services Committee, newly married and retiring home to Massachusetts after 32 years of service in the United States Congress, is famous for his brilliance, caustic wit, and, above all, his dedication to progressive causes, including reining in Wall Street. Frank bravely faced prejudice as the first Member of Congress to choose to come out as gay and has overseen a sea-change in attitudes toward LGBT Americans.
Congressman John Conyers, Ranking Member of the House Judiciary Committee, Dean of the Congressional Black Caucus, renowned and respected 48-year veteran of Congress, continues to serve as a hero for unions and progressive causes like Medicare for All (universal health care). Conyers, the longest serving African-American in Congress and the third longest serving Member in the House or the Senate, was on Richard Nixon’s original “enemies list” and later voted for Nixon’s impeachment.
What mandate? Well, we won the Presidency 51% to 48%. We won the Senate 55 to 45. And we also got the most votes in the House, so…..oh wait. We don’t get the House due to Republican gerrymander. But still, in terms of a mandate, let’s all remember Democrats won the popular vote for the House.
- 5/1/2017 Radio Inside Scoop [3pm]
- 4/26/2017 I’m a Fiscal Conservative. I’m a Democrat
- 4/25/2017 Virginia Democratic Primary and Pro-Life Democrats [Larry O'Connor Show]
- 4/23/2017 Wasn’t Mexico Supposed to Pay for that Wall? [Fox News]
- 4/24/2017 The Great Wall of Trump
- 4/19/2017 Does this Guy Believe in Anything? (Other than Himself)
- 4/17/2017 The Trump Winners
- 4/12/2017 Outrage Fatigue
- 4/10/2017 Truth Matters
- 4/3/2017 I’m Back. What the Hell Happened While I Was Gone?